no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Thursday, November 29, 2007

What you can lost when you walk around...

My habit of putting my credit card in my back pocket has ended badly. Its gone. I figured that there are a few places I can check to see if its there, but no luck. I've been to - lunch, bathroom, breakroom, it really can be anywhere....

Figure - ok, work is pretty big, if someone found it - how hard is it for them to look me up ?
Then again - why would I trust anyone to be a good Samaritan?

Ok. not a big deal. Figure I should just call in and let the credit card company know.

I found one number for lost or stolen card from my credit card company at their website, so off I go calling.

"Please type or speak your 16 digit credit card number"
"Please type or speak your 16 digit credit card number"..
.. repeat..

DUH! How would anyone who needs to report a lost card know their 16 digit number off the top of their head?

Ok. maybe its the wrong number. But NOOoo that's the only number.

Out of frustration, I pressed 0. I figure, hey - 0 always gets you to someone. That worked. The system said "One Moment Please...." . Out comes this Indian voice, who also asked me what my 16 digit credit card number is. If that's the number for lost card, why does that even make any sense?

The conversation goes like as if she needs to follow a script. Seriously. No room for changes. She had to repeat her condolences about how losing this card will make my life absolutely inconvenient. HA. That was repeated two times - and a 1/2 . Half b/c she can't get the words thru to me while I was talking and asking questions. Perhaps they add this for the holiday seasons.

Then she asked a bunch of questions... which I figure I need to answer them properly. I did. Slowly. Enough so she has time to spell it out. Not too bad all together. I figure - oh well, it gotta be done.

At the end, I asked for a confirmation number... you figure that - for things like this, it would be good to have a reference number or some sort so that you can call back and say - hey - I reported a lost card the other day and such .. such.. Nope. There isn't one.

I'll be waiting for the arrival of my new card... soon :)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home