no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I think I am a pushover ... maybe :)

This week, I am in Toronto visiting Amy. Just hanging out and checking out the city a bit. Also, I got to work from the Toronto lab .. meet the team... meet the people I work with... etc... Kinda neat. The lab is pretty nice. Cafeteria can be improved...

We also try to eat at as many places as possible. Dinner today was at "The famous Owl of Minerva restaurant" at First Markham place. Initially, we were really excited about trying a Taiwanese Beef Noodle soup place we saw the night before... But , when we walked into the door, there was this waft of weird smell that came toward us. (wasn't anyone).. so we quickly decided that it'll bother us, and head out. We saw the Owl of Minerva restaurant near by and decided that we should give the Owl a try. Not too bad. Tho I was hoping for noodles and didn't get too much of it.

We have been eating dinner a bit at First Markham place near work. It has a lot of good Chinese restaurants that we've been sampling... and a strip mall-ish place with lots of Chinese stuff in there. Things like those you see in NYC's Chinatown. Trinkets, stuff animals, and DVD's... lots of DVDs. Today, we went thru the stores a bit more. Check out the many DVD's in there all low low low price... :D

Then we ended up at a snacks shop. I was amazed at the amount of Pokey selections. I got "Seaweed wasabi", "Tahitian Vanilla", and "milk honey" flavored pockey. Then at the check out counter, the guy was trying to get me to purchse this concentrated green tea milk candy. He said - its soo good that you can't stop eating those, and I'll give you a discount ... 10% off no tax..

So I got some.

Ok. Maybe I wasn't totally a push over. I was kinda interested in trying a new candy out, but I guess having extra mention of discount totally pushed me to actually purchase it...

Ugh... I can't believe I am talking about trying out new candy... Just in case these are Concentrate Milk Green Tea candy. Not too bad.

This is the candy:
UHA - High Conc. Matcha Milk candy

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 9, 2007 at 4:26 PM , Blogger amy said...

looking at that picture actually makes me wish i had some green tea candy with me right now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home