no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Monday, September 10, 2007

Ants in the house

I don't like ants too much. At least those that tried to bite me, or crawled on me.

So, when I got home today, I saw a bunch of ants: by the sink, on the counter, on the walls, in my plants , and my oven! Ack !!! I tried to figure out what is getting them interested, because generally there are only a few scouts... or if they found food - there will be a line formed. Its sort of like in between scouting and food find. Think they are confused by bad information.

Not sure where they are coming in either :(

The attempt to get ride of them involves:
  • Squeezing them individually. That was too slow.
  • Spraying them with Chlorx
  • Sqeezing them - after Chlorx was sprayed. They were still alive.
  • Spaying them with those insect spray.
That worked. Tho its pretty poisonous. So I scrubbed the counter top with soap before i forget and eat stuff off it.

I left some ants in my garbage and tossed it out. Now I feel a bit bad. Is it better to have them killed than leaving them living in the garbage and die of a slow death? Sometimes I think about molds like that too...

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 16, 2007 at 5:16 PM , Blogger amy said...

gross. how the heck did they get in your oven?

 
At September 18, 2007 at 9:32 PM , Blogger ying said...

beats me. There was probably some burnt out crumbs somewhere on the bottom... They were just searching for food.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home