no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Monday, August 20, 2007

Taking on a new sport

Last week, I decided that I will play in a IBM soccer league - after getting the assurance from the captain that - its ok if I have never (ever since elementary school) played that sport before.

Saturday was our first practice, so Chris went with me Friday night to Dicks to outfit me with the requirements :
The beginnings of a new sport..

Yes - pink soccer ball :) . Dicks was having a youth soccer set sale - which made the ball cost about 4 dollars extra (b/c I was picking up new cleats). I didn't know what a shin-guard was till I saw and tried it on... its like a helmet - but for your shins.

Pretty excited. Soccer is one sport that I remember liking a while ago... so I was looking forward to see if it was how I remembered it.

Saturday was practice ... started in the morning. Practice was fun but very tiring... We stayed out for about 1 1/2 hrs and its really just way too hot for any type of activities. But so far so good. no major injuries (and that's my goal).

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2007 at 7:21 PM , Blogger amy said...

Cool that you're taking up a new sport, and good job on getting shin guards! I didn't learn about shin guards till after I got kicked in the shins. It's very painful and the pain lingers.

 
At August 26, 2007 at 9:31 PM , Blogger ying said...

yeah... we tested it :) So far hasn't been kicked.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home