no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I think I might have ate a worm...

In which Chris replies - what about me ??? (as he took a bite off the peach I was working on)

Its peach season in the Chen family, and yeah - Dad's peach tree yielded a lot of peaches. While its not as much as last year, but these were much larger, and sweeter. And there was plenty.

Peaches from Dad's garden

(see the other veggies behind the peaches ? Dad grew those too... )

Dad doesn't believe in pesticides. Besides fighting his daily fight against the evil black squirrel that pillages his veggies and fruit with water, he wraps each peach in a plastic bag to really prevent bugs from getting at them.

Peaches in a bag

That really took a lot of time. But he likes it. Tho, there are sneaky little worms that still manages to get inside the peach... I saw Mom this morning using a magnifying glass to check for worms after she cut the peaches out. She said - earlier on she saw a long skinny pink worm that went really fast, up the kitchen wall (which she then kills) , and so she has been checking the peaches ever since.

At least all the sliced ones have been Mom approved. But not the one I was working on...


One of the perks of working at home in NYC is being with my dog and my family. Here is a picture of the old girl.

Brandy

and being able to just head into the city and check things out... good food. Grass anyone ?
$7 grass

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home