no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

We won!!!

Yeah !!!!!!!!!! We won!! with a 2-1 win.

While I didn't did anything to impact that result.... (ie - didn't made the goal) it was still really cool to watch it happen!

This was a perfect night for soccer. Cool enough, not cold. And we got most of the team members there - ie - 2 extra girls and 2 extra guys for subbing. Yeah! I got in a bit late but I still made it in time for the girl to sub out. BTW - its all about subbing - it really gets tiring and not fun when you are on the field all the time....

I got in sometimes in the middle of the first half.. Left Center. Ok. I know what to do there. The ball didn't come by my side too often.. and remembered that I just go back and forth a bit. But this was the half where we got 2 goals. :) Yeah!!!!

Breaktime! The girls talked about boots and fall fashion while the guys probably was talking about how to improve the game. I took some sips of water.... ack..

The second half comes around, we got a great game going. .. I was on the bench watching the game with Lauren ... then Chris K came back after a sub and said - think its time for you guys to go out - since Lan is limping a bit. We were both like sure! Lauren was getting chilly!!

Got out in the field and got assigned as Center forward. I was like - huh? what do I do there? I am not totally sure what that does but I think I try to stay in the center a bit more rather than being on the side.... I found that - I don't like being in the center. I have this fear that if I have the ball and everyone comes to me.. I would freak out. Besides - I like running sideways .. and that's perfect for being on the side.

In the middle of that game... a ball came straight at me, and it was an easy catch. But I was clueless what to do next. Before I can think about it, a lady from another team got close and kick my ball away!! just like that!! but then I chased after it and kicked it back out to someone in my team.... thank goodness.....

We let one in accidentally b/c we were all kinda tired.. and decided that three people should be enough to defend the goal. The other team didn't even bother to gather everyone closer. But someone - somehow, got the goalie away on to one side.. and the big gap happened... *darn*

Oh well. But hey ! we kept to the last minutes and keep the points out! Yeah!!!

Its sooo cool :) I wasn't even that tired... woah!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home