no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Watch out for #29 !!

#29 - that's me !!!

Another soccer game today - and while we had one extra girl in the team, we were short on guys. (ie no extra bodies to switch out). I was lucky enough to be sitting out early beginning - then after I got switched in, I didn't get to switch out again.

Tired, but not as much as last time. Probably all those walking in NYC.

But - it was fun. While we didn't win... my highlights :) (pure Ying ego boost right here )

Highlight 1 : The lady guarding me, when my team was close to the goal, getting ready to pass the ball in . She yells "Watch out for # 29 ! " . Woah. I didn't figure anyone would be "watching out" about me.

Highlight 2: As I tried to get the ball away from the attacking team... the guy on the other side said to the other teammate - "guard her" . Same stuff. Crazy huh ?

Highlight 3: My favorite. Near the end of the game, I was playing defense. The goalie on the other team has the ball, and kicked it all the way - right toward me. It looked like I can actually kick it.... and I did. (to my own amazement). And it went right to someone on my team :)

There were definitely mistakes, missed catches... There was a time where I actually got the ball from the other team, but not quite sure what to do with it... but hey !! Remember the good stuff!!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2007 at 5:18 PM , Blogger amy said...

wow. good job #29.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home