no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Half game of soccer and living in the stone ages

Today I was only able to make it for 1/2 a game of soccer. The game starts at 6:30pm, and I had a meeting at 6. Thank goodness the meeting ended early, so that I quickly changed, and head to the soccer game.

Upon arrival, the field was all empty. I thought to myself - did they not start the game yet ? or was it so bad that it ended early ? Totally forgot about the half time.

Within minutes, I was on the field, running around. Today, I got to be the center to start... (ie - tap the ball to the other start person - who then kicked it to the other guy on the team - center forward) Again, still clueless. The other team was really good... for some reason. This was a team we played before, and we tied. Today, that's a totally different story. Apparently they've scored 3 pts already the first half !! (we were also short on people to swap out) . Quickly, they scored another pts right at the game start. It sucks. At least the rest of the game went well, and we managed to get a point in.

Tho I heard that the first point that they scored was a bit unfair b/c we were still trying to figure out our positions while the other team just kicked the ball right into the goal. And that the 4th goal, was done incorrectly (inpass or something) . The ref just didn't see it.

I also managed to take a picture of our team in action:
Heading off to the other side...

This is the first game we lost I believe....

On a total side note. I got home and decided to turn on the TV. Nova was on. And OMG, there are some really cool things happening in the genome world that I am not aware of. Absolutly no clue. (not paying attention but, how come I've never heard it in the news?) Googled it a bit, found a Wire article about it - dating back to 2005. WOW. I feel like I've been living in the stone ages!

Check it out! Nova : Ghost in your Genes

It totally reminded me of Nature vs. Nurture...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home