no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Travelocity support sucks.... even for an idiot

After the really great North West trip, it was time to face reality. And the first step is to sort through my bills. (after spending sometimes hunting down my password).

On one of my bills, I noticed that I was being charged by the hotel I stayed at. Generally, this is nothing to be shocked about, but since I made the reservation via Travelocity, I figured that I've already paid my dues there (as I've via Expedia)... was I being double charged??? The charge itself is also a bit higher than what Travelocity had quoted.

So I called Travelocity. Wait time wasn't too long before I reached a person. At the same time, I searched thru my credit card bills to see whether I've been charged by Travelocity before. As I started talking to the support guy, I realized that I've not been charged previous. So why is it charged more ?

The support guy, sounding a bit annoyed.. said that - if there were discrepency, I should've call Travelocity right there, right then. Ok. So, I stressed that how would anyone know that's what needs to happen ??

He got more annoyed. He said - how about I offer you $25 Travelocity credit for you to use and this is just something we don't deal with.

(This was going back and forth for a while... )

I was annoyed.
" So how long does that $25 dollar last? "
"$25 will be available to use per year, but it can only apply to purchases of hotels stay 3 nights or more"
"No Thanks. I don't think I want to be your customers anymore"

So there goes my relationship with Travlocity. A long relationship indee !

So after that chat - I looked at my Travelocity notice a bit more closely... and noticed that the amount that they quote "excludes taxes and fees". Oops. A quick calculation shows that - the extra that the hotel charged was the "taxes".

Ok. So I was an idiot. But, I am still annoyed at the support guy who was just annoying over the phone. He really just want to get rid of my questions... If he had explain the cost - stressing that taxes and fees not included... I might have noticed my mistake.

Still - I probably won't bother with Travelocity in the near term.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 25, 2008 at 12:48 AM , Blogger Ann said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 25, 2008 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Ann said...

I like how you tagged this blog entry with "user error".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home