During the week - we've been eating out at our old favorite places, and thus all my leftover curry has been neglected. It was only on Monday - that I remembered that I would need to work on those leftover ! (otherwise I would waste food again .. which I am trying not to do)
What to do with left over curry ?? One of the things I liked when I was in NYC was these curry puff pastries that they sell at bakeries in Chinatown. I figure, perhaps its not too hard to make ? Browsing the websites online yields some baked instructions...
- A box of puff pastry sheets.
- left over curry
- Cayenne pepper powder .
- Some salt.
- One egg, for egg wash.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degs. Tho, the pastry sheet box said 400.
- Thaw the pastry sheets. Follow instructions for thawing. I over thawed them.
- Mix 2,3,4 so that the flavor is more intense.
- Cut the sheet into 3x3 squares (4x4 might have been nicer)
- Fill the squares with curry mixture (small spoon full) , seal it, and put fork marks all around it.
- Add egg wash on top
- Bake it - till it looks done.
I baked it till the curry kinda oozed out... partially b/c I didn't seal it well, and partially b/c I put too much stuff in there... (goal = use curry)
I pulled the pastries apart, and set them on the table top to cool over night...
and ta da ! This actually tasted good in the morning.