no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Monday, June 2, 2008

Yard waste recycling - not done right.

I am particularly fond of recycling - the more stuff I can recycle the better. One of the things I like to recycle is yard waste. Last year , I raked up enough leaves to fill up my no longer used 30 gallon garbage can, and more. Those were all recycled... I was happy.

When spring came, I decided to use my 30 gallon garbage can again - to fill it up with weeds that I've been digging up as they pop out of the ground. No harm done. Just not too much weeds to fill up that tank.

I gradually add more stuff as I work in my yard... since spring.
And today - I decided its time for recycling.

I lifted the lid to add more weed, and - almost swarm of fungus gnats swarmed out. Ack! My last yard work waste must have included a bit of those gnats !

So gross.

I closed the lid quickly... and hope maybe my garbage guy doesn't get grossed out.

Next time - I'll use a bag.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 5, 2008 at 1:27 PM , Blogger amy said...

Gross. I love how you have this gross post and then a yummy post about curry pastry puffs right after it.

 
At June 10, 2008 at 8:48 AM , Blogger ying said...

The garbage man didn't take it - and now its pretty gross....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home