no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Monday, May 12, 2008

Cheap / Not Cheap ...

So - once in a while Chris and I would drive up to NYC and work remote from my parent's place. We would work downstairs and have homemade breakfast :) This is one of those weeks.

This morning - Chris came down stairs and told me about a dream that he has:

Chris: "So I was dreaming that I was shopping w/ you , and a friend of yours. Don't remember who it was. We were in a store and she came out with two huge shopping bags - on each hand. "

"She asked : should I buy this cheap things or should I buy this not cheap thing ?"

"She goes on : cheap / not cheap , cheap / not cheap , cheap / not cheap ..."

(by this time I couldn't figure out where this was going)

"So I woke up, and found a bird chirping outside - cheap ... cheap .. cheap ... cheap ... "
"Stupid bird made me have a shopping dream"

HA.

I re-told this story to my mom in Chinese later on the day, and before we got to the punch line, particularly at the cheap part, she quickly said - oh that's Yen....

Probably something lost in translation....

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2008 at 1:28 PM , Blogger amy said...

Hahahaha. That's a good story/dream. Your mom is funny.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home