no skills necessary ....

no purpose necessary ...

Saturday, June 7, 2008

We know our evil postman ...

This was what I found in my mailbox when I got home yesterday :
This is what I got in my mailbox yesterday

Ugh.

When Amy used to live at my place, she had a suspicion that our postman doesn't like her. Like sometimes she won't get her mail or such.

Once, I believe she even got a little note (not as formal as this one) - that her car is blocking the neighbor's mail.. I think.

Our suspicion was confirmed with another neighbor across the street - who also got a note threatening to have her mail suspended if she doesn't move her car out of the way from the mailbox. She - luckily - had move out of the neighborhood a few years back and never had to deal with our postman again.

So what now ? I don't really mind my neighbor parking in front of my house... but I am not sure why can't the post man just walk out and put the mail in the mailbox. Isn't that their job ? irregardless rain or snow ?

Some option I think :
1. Photocopy the above note and add a nice note and put it at my neighbor's wiper next time I see the car parked in front of my house.
2. Chris said to call the Post office general to see if that's the case. I am sure that would result in many un-delivered mail....

Hmmmm.... what to do.. what to do...
Maybe I should just always have my mail picked up...

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 13, 2008 at 1:25 AM , Blogger amy said...

yeah, i never got a formal note. just 2 post-its, i think. i bet i still have them somewhere too.

 
At August 21, 2008 at 8:22 AM , Blogger ying said...

I think the mailman has been doing this, and post-it's to people. I didn't have to make the effort to find the offending car owner....

Additionally, the community newsletter even mentions that !

 
At October 23, 2008 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Robert said...

We got a nifty little diagram. But no one parks in front of our mail box, only near it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home